I'm An Investor Too
I figure if I'm going to work with real estate investors I need to walk the walk. I purchased 2 single family homes in Greeley in great locations. They are just a few blocks from UNC and downtown Greeley.
The first thing I did was work on them to make them cute in pictures to look better than competing rental properties. I assembled a team of high-quality, reasonably priced contractors to help me whip them into shape. The goal was to take it a step beyond the basic turnaround remodel on rental properties and justify a higher rent. My team includes;
- General Handyman
- Master Electrician
- Flooring person
- Home Inspector
- Yard Maintenance & Clean Up
- Cleaning Crew
- Ceramic Tile Steam Cleaner
- Pest Inspector
- Garage Door Repair
- Fence Repair & Installer
- Property Manager Adviser
We turned around the properties in a few weeks and rented them immediately (I had over 80 inquiries from prospective tenants).
My Current Monthly ROI = 72%!
If you are thinking about getting in investment properties but are new to the game like I was, I can help. I have a complete package for my first-time investors that includes;
- An advisory committee of investors and property managers to recommend properties to purchase.
- A great lease for both individuals or college students
- A home inspector (he personally owns 16 rental properties) to provide you with a to-list for repairs and improvements
- A list of proven, high-quality, reasonably-priced team of contractors to turn your property around (if needed)
- Advertising recommendations to help you surface as many prospective tenants as possible.
- A background check service to help you get to know your tenant prior to signing the lease.
There's NO better time to invest in Colorado real estate than NOW!
Here's my favorite ROI Calculator
to help determine the profits you'll make on the investment property you'd like to buy.